4. Dobbins S, Brown NO, Shofer FS. Comparison of the effects of buprenorphine, oxymorphone hydrochloride, and ketoprofen for
postoperative analgesia after onychectomy or onychectomy and sterilization in cats. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2002;38:507-514.
5. Davidson CD, Pettifer GR, Henry JD Jr. Plasma fentanyl concentrations and analgesic effects during full or partial exposure
to transdermal fentanyl patches in cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2004;224:700-705.
6. Glerum LE, Egger CM, Allen SW, et al. Analgesic effect of the transdermal fentanyl patch during and after feline ovariohysterectomy.
Vet Surg 2001;30:351-358.
7. Gellasch KL, Kruse-Elliott KT, Osmond CS, et al. Comparison of transdermal administration of fentanyl versus intramuscular
administration of butorphanol for analgesia after onychectomy in cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2002;220:1020-1024.
8. Lamont LA. Feline perioperative pain management. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 2002;32:747-763.
9. Wright BD. Clinical pain management techniques for cats. Clin Tech Small Anim Pract 2002;17:151-157.
10. Conzemius MG, Hill CM, Sammarco JL, et al. Correlation between subjective and objective measures used to determine severity
of postoperative pain in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1997;210:1619-1622.
11. Day TK, Pepper WT, Tobias TA, et al. Comparison of intra-articular and epidural morphine for analgesia following stifle arthrotomy
in dogs. Vet Surg 1995;24:522-530.
12. Holton LL, Scott EM, Nolan AM, et al. Relationship between physiological factors and clinical pain in dogs scored using a
numerical rating scale. J Small Anim Pract 1998;39:469-474.
13. Rawlings CA, Tackett RL, Bjorling DE, et al. Cardiovascular function and serum catecholamine concentrations after anesthesia
and surgery in the dog. Vet Surg 1989;18:255-260.
14. Holton LL, Scott EM, Nolan AM, et al. Comparison of three methods used for assessment of pain in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1998;212:61-66.
15. Mathews KA. Pain assessment and general approach to management. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 2000;30:729-755.
16. Franks JN, Boothe HW, Taylor L, et al. Evaluation of transdermal fentanyl patches for analgesia in cats undergoing onychectomy.
J Am Vet Med Assoc 2000;217:1013-1020.
17. Benson GJ, Wheaton LG, Thurmon JC, et al. Postoperative catecholamine response to onychectomy in isoflurane-anesthetized
cats. Vet Surg 1991;20:222-225.
18. Gordon WJ, Romans C, Evans R, et al. Objective evaluation of the efficacy of bupivacaine, butorphanol, and fentanyl patch
after onychectomy using pressure platform gait analysis (abst), in Proceedings. 31st Annu Conf Vet Orthop Soc 2004.
19. Besancon MF, Conzemius MG, Derrick TR, et al. Comparison of vertical forces in normal dogs between the AMTI Model OR6-5 Force
Platform and the Tekscan (Industrial Sensing Pressure Measurement System) Pressure Walkway. Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol 2003;16:153-157.
20. Budsberg SC, Verstraete MC, Soutas-Little RW, et al. Force plate analyses before and after stabilization of canine stifles
for cruciate injury. Am J Vet Res 1988;49:1522-1524.