1. Coates JR. Intervertebral disk disease. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 2000;30:77-110.
2. Cherrone KL, Dewey CW, Coates JR, et al. A retrospective comparison of cervical intervertebral disk disease in nonchondrodystrophic
large dogs versus small dogs. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2004;40:316-320.
3. Lewis DG. Cervical spondylomyelopathy ('wobbler' syndrome) in the dog: A study based on 224 cases. J Small Anim Pract 1989;30:657-665.
4. Chambers JN, Oliver JE, Bjorling DE, et al. Update on ventral decompression for caudal cervical disk herniation in Doberman
pinschers. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1986;22:775-778.
5. Seim HB, Withrow SJ. Pathophysiology and diagnosis of caudal cervical spondylomyelopathy with emphasis on the Doberman pinscher.
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1982;18:241-251.
6. VanGundy TE. Disc-associated wobbler syndrome in the Doberman pinscher. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 1988;18:667-696.
7. Jeffery ND, McKee WM. Surgery for disc-associated wobbler syndrome in the dog—An examination of the controversy. J Small Anim Pract 2001;42:574-581.
8. Rusbridge C, Wheeler SJ, Torrington AM, et al. Comparison of two surgical techniques for the management of cervical spondylomyelopathy
in Dobermans. J Small Anim Pract 1998;39:425-431.
9. Queen JP, Coughlan AR, May C, et al. Management of disc-associated wobbler syndrome with a partial slot fenestration and
position screw technique. J Small Anim Pract 1998;39:131-136.
10. McKee WM, Butterworth SJ, Scott HW. Management of cervical spondylopathy-associated intervertebral disc protrusions using
metal washers in 78 dogs. J Small Anim Pract 1999;40:465-472.
11. Dixon BC, Tomlinson JL, Kraus KH. Modified distraction-stabilization technique using an interbody polymethyl methacrylate
plug in dogs with caudal cervical spondylomyelopathy. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1996;208:61-68.
12. De Risio L, Munana K, Murray M, et al. Dorsal laminectomy for caudal cervical spondylomyelopathy: Postoperative recovery
and long-term follow-up in 20 dogs. Vet Surg 2002;31:418-427.
13. Chambers JN, Oliver JE Jr, Kornegay JN, et al. Ventral decompression for caudal cervical disk herniation in large- and giant-breed
dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1982;180:410-414.