34. Tremblay C, Doré M, Bochsler PN, et al. Induction of prostaglandin G/H synthase-2 in a canine model of spontaneous prostatic
adenocarcinoma. J Natl Cancer Inst 1999;91:1398-1403.
35. Sorenmo KU, Goldschmidt MH, Shofer FS, et al. Evaluation of cyclooxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 expression and the effect
of cyclooxygenase inhibitors in canine prostatic carcinoma. Vet Comp Oncol 2004;2:13-23.
36. Pestili de Almeida EM, Piché C, Sirois J, et al. Expression of cyclo-oxygenase-2 in naturally occurring squamous cell carcinomas
in dogs. J Histochem Cytochem 2001;49:867-875.
37. McEntee MF, Cates JM, Neilsen N. Cyclooxygenase-2 expression in spontaneous intestinal neoplasia of domestic dogs. Vet Pathol 2002;39:428-436.
38. Borzacchiello G, Paciello O, Papparella S. Expression of cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 in canine nasal carcinomas. J Comp Pathol 2004;131:70-76.
39. Mohammed SI, Craig BA, Mutsaers AJ, et al. Effects of the cyclooxygenase inhibitor, piroxicam, in combination with chemotherapy
on tumor response, apoptosis, and angiogenesis in a canine model of human invasive urinary bladder cancer. Mol Cancer Ther 2003;2:183-188.
40. Knapp DW, Glickman NW, Widmer WR, et al. Cisplatin versus cisplatin combined with piroxicam in a canine model of human invasive
urinary bladder cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2000;46:221-226.
41. Schmidt BR, Glickman NW, DeNicola DB, et al. Evaluation of piroxicam for the treatment of oral squamous cell carcinoma in
dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2001;218:1783-1786.
42. Boria PA, Murry DJ, Bennett PF, et al. Evaluation of cisplatin combined with piroxicam for the treatment of oral malignant
melanoma and oral squamous cell carcinoma in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2004;224:388-394.
43. Henry CJ, McCaw DL, Turnquist SE, et al. Clinical evaluation of mitoxantrone and piroxicam in a canine model of human invasive
urinary bladder carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res 2003;9:906-911.
44. Knapp DW, Richardson RC, Chan TC, et al. Piroxicam therapy in 34 dogs with transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder.
J Vet Intern Med 1994;8:273-278.
45. Robertson SA, Taylor PM. Pain management in cats—past, present and future. Part 2. Treatment of pain—clinical pharmacology.
J Feline Med Surg 2004;6:321-333.
46. Heeb HL, Chun R, Koch DE, et al. Single dose pharmacokinetics of piroxicam in cats. J Vet Pharmacol Ther 2003;26:259-263.
47. Slingsby LS, Waterman-Pearson AE. Comparison between meloxicam and carprofen for postoperative analgesia after feline ovariohysterectomy.
J Small Anim Pract 2002;43:286-289.
48. Wilson DV, Evans AT, Miller R. Effects of preanesthetic administration of morphine on gastroesophageal reflux and regurgitation
during anesthesia in dogs. Am J Vet Res 2005;66:386-390.
49. Foss JF, Yuan CS, Roizen MF, et al. Prevention of apomorphine- or cisplatin-induced emesis in the dog by a combination of
methylnaltrexone and morphine. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 1998;42:287-291.
50. Hofmeister EH, Egger CM. Transdermal fentanyl patches in small animals. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2004;40:468-478.