25. Hardy M, Woodall W. Therapeutic effects of heat, cold, and stretch on connective tissue. J Hand Ther 1998;11:148-156.
26. Levine D, Millis DL, Mynatt T. Effects of 3.3-MHz ultrasound on caudal thigh muscle temperature in dogs. Vet Surg 2001;30:170-174.
27. Loonam JE, Evans M, Moyer TL, et al. The effect of therapeutic ultrasound on tendon healing and extensibility, in Proceedings. 30th Annu Conf Vet Orthop Soc 2003.
28. Kiviranta I, Tammi M, Jurvelin J, et al. Moderate running exercise augments glycosaminoglycans and thickness of articular
cartilage in the knee joint of young beagle dogs. J Orthop Res 1988;6:188-195.
29. Marsolais GS, Dvorak G, Conzemius MG. Effects of postoperative rehabilitation on limb function after cranial cruciate ligament
repair in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2002;220:1325-1330.
30. Musch TI. Skeletal muscle blood flow in exercising dogs. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1988;20(suppl 5):S104-S108.
31. Millis DL. Getting the dog moving after surgery. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2004;40:429-436.
32. Millis DL, Levine D, Taylor RA. Canine rehabilitation & physical therapy. St. Louis, Mo: WB Saunders, 2004.
33. Hottinger HA, DeCamp CE, Olivier NB, et al. Noninvasive kinematic analysis of the walk in healthy large-breed dogs. Am J Vet Res 1996;57:381-388.
34. Schwartz P, Hicks DA, Evans MB. A kinematic comparison of over ground vs. treadmill walking in dogs, in Proceedings. 31st Annu Conf Vet Orthop Soc 2004.
35. Millis DL, Hicks DA, Evans MB. Kinematic assessment of selected therapeutic exercises in dogs, in Proceedings. 3rd Int Symp Rehabil Phys Ther Vet Med 2004;215.
36. Downer AH. Whirlpool therapy for animals. Mod Vet Pract 1977;58:39-42.
37. Hall J, Grant J, Blake D, et al. Cardiorespiratory responses to aquatic treadmill walking in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Physiother Res Int 2004;9:59-73.
38. Gehlsen GM, Grigsby SA, Winant DM. Effects of an aquatic fitness program on the muscular strength and endurance of patients
with multiple sclerosis. Phys Ther 1984;64:653-657.
39. Gandini G, Cizinauskas S, Lang J, et al. Fibrocartilaginous embolism in 75 dogs: clinical findings and factors influencing
the recovery rate. J Small Anim Pract 2003;44:76-80.
40. Edlich RF, Towler MA, Goitz RJ, et al. Bioengineering principles of hydrotherapy. J Burn Care Rehabil 1987;8:580-584.
41. Levine D, Millis DL. Percentage of normal weight bearing during partial immersion at various depths in dogs, in Proceedings. 2nd Int Symp Rehabil Phys Ther Vet Med 2002.
42. Richley Geigle P, Cheek WL, Gould ML, et al. Aquatic physical therapy for balance: the interaction of somatosensory and hydrodynamic
principles. J Aquatic Phys Ther 1997;5:4-10.
43. Jackson AM, Stevens M, Barnett S. Joint kinematics during underwater treadmill activity, in Proceedings. 2nd Int Symp Rehabil Phys Ther Vet Med 2002;191.