1. Bruce R. CR versus DR—what are the options? AuntMinnie, 2003. Available at:
2. Bushberg JT, Seibert JA, Leidholdt Jr, EM, et al. The essential physics of medical imaging. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2002.
3. Puchalski S, Hornof W. A limited image quality comparison of film-screen, computed radiography and digital radiography,
in Proceedings. Am Coll Vet Radiogr Annu Mtg 2004.
4. Andriole KP. Productivity and cost assessment of computed radiography, digital radiography, and screen-film for outpatient
chest examinations. J Digit Imaging 2002;15:161-169.
5. Andriole KP, Luth DM, Gould RG. Workflow assessment of digital versus computed radiography and screen-film in the outpatient
environment. J Digit Imaging 2002;15(suppl 1): 124-126.
6. Digital x-ray systems. Part 1. An introduction to DX technologies and an evaluation of cassette DX systems. Health Devices 2001;30;273-310.
7. Digital x-ray systems. Part 2. An overview of digital radiography concepts and an evaluation of cassetteless DX systems.
Health Devices 2001;30:381-401.
8. Fischbach F, Ricke J, Freund T, et al. Flat panel digital radiography compared with storage phosphor computed radiography:
assessment of dose versus image quality in phantom studies. Invest Radiol 2002;37:609-614.
9. Goo JM, Im JG, Kim JH, et al. Digital chest radiography with a selenium-based flat-panel detector versus a storage phosphor
system: comparison of soft-copy images. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2000;175:1013-1018.
10. Hornof W. Digital radiography: the available technologies and how to separate hype from reality, in Proceedings. Am Vet Med Assoc Annu Convention 2005.
11. Peer S, Neitzel U, Giacomuzzi SM, et al. Direct digital radiography versus storage phosphor radiography in the detection
of wrist fractures. Clin Radiol 2002;57:258-262.
12. Kroft LJ, Geleijns J, Mertens BJ, et al. Digital slot-scan charge-coupled device radiography versus AMBER and Bucky screen-film
radiography for detection of simulated nodules and interstitial disease in a chest phantom. Radiology 2004;231:156-163.
13. Kroft LJ, Veldkamp WJ, Mertens BJ, et al. Comparison of eight different digital chest radiography systems: variation in
detection of simulated chest disease. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2005;185:339-346.
14. Veldkamp WJ, Kroft LJ, Boot MV, et al. Contrast-detail evaluation and dose assessment of eight digital chest radiography
systems in clinical practice. Eur Radiol 2006;16:333-341.
15. Veldkamp WJ, Kroft LJ, Mertens BJ, et al. Digital slot-scan charge-coupled device radiography versus AMBER and Bucky screen-film
radiography: comparison of image quality in a phantom study. Radiology 2005;235:857-866.