20. Steiner JM, Rutz GM, Williams DA. Serum lipase activities and pancreatic lipase immunoreactivity concentrations in dogs
with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. Am J Vet Res 2006;67(1):84-87.
21. Spillmann T, Wittker A, Teigelkamp S, et al. An immunoassay for canine pancreatic elastase 1 as an indicator for exocrine
pancreatic insufficiency in dogs. J Vet Diagn Invest 2001;13(6):468-474.
22. ScheBo-Biotech AG Elastase 1 canine test page. Available at:
http://www.schebo.com/index.php?p_id=2664&p=13/. Accessed Aug 21, 2009.
23. Wiberg ME, Nurmi AK, Westermarck E. Serum trypsinlike immunoreactivity measurement for the diagnosis of subclinical exocrine
pancreatic insufficiency. J Vet Intern Med 1999;13(5):426-432.
24. Wiberg ME, Westermarck E. Subclinical exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2002;220(8):1183-1187.
25. Pidgeon G, Strombeck DR. Evaluation of treatment for pancreatic exocrine insufficiency in dogs with ligated pancreatic
ducts. Am J Vet Res 1982;43(3):461-464.
26. Wiberg ME, Lautala HM, Westermarck E. Response to long-term enzyme replacement treatment in dogs with exocrine pancreatic
insufficiency. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1998;213(1):86-90.
27. Plumb DC. Plumb's veterinary drug handbook. 5th ed. Ames, Iowa: Wiley-Blackwell, 2005;855-856.
28. Snead E. Oral ulceration and bleeding associated with pancreatic enzyme supplementation in a German shepherd with pancreatic
acinar atrophy. Can Vet J 2006;47(6):579-582.
29. Rutz GM, Steiner JM, Williams DA. Oral bleeding associated with pancreatic enzyme supplementation in three dogs with exocrine
pancreatic insufficiency. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2002;221(12):1716-1718, 1714.
30. Layer P, Keller J. Lipase supplementation therapy: standards, alternatives, and perspectives. Pancreas 2003;26(1):1-7.
31. Griffin SM, Alderson D, Farndon JR. Acid resistant lipase as replacement therapy in chronic pancreatic exocrine insufficiency:
a study in dogs. Gut 1989;30(7):1012-1015.
32. Suzuki A, Mizumoto A, Sarr MG, et al. Bacterial lipase and high-fat diets in canine exocrine pancreatic insufficiency:
a new therapy of steatorrhea? Gastroenterology 1997;112(6):2048-2055.
33. Westermarck E, Wiberg ME. Effects of diet on clinical signs of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2006;228(2):225-229.
34. Keller J, Layer P. Pancreatic enzyme supplementation therapy. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol 2003;6(5):369–374.
35. Rutz GM, Steiner JM, Bauer JE, et al. Effects of exchange of dietary medium chain triglycerides for long-chain triglycerides
on serum biochemical variables and subjectively assessed well-being of dogs with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. Am J Vet Res 2004;65(9):1293-1302.
36. Biourge VC, Fontaine J. Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency and adverse reaction to food in dogs: a positive response to
a high-fat, soy isolate hydrolysate-based diet. J Nutr 2004;134(8 Suppl):2166S-2168S.