61. Bruchim Y, Klement E, Saragusty J, et al. Heat stroke in dogs: a retrospective study of 54 cases (1999-2004) and analysis
of risk factors for death. J Vet Intern Med 2006;20:38-46.
62. Sin DD, Sutherland ER. Obesity and the lung: 4. Obesity and asthma. Thorax 2008;63:1018-1023.
63. Johnston RA, Theman TA, Lu FL, et al. Diet-induced obesity causes innate airway hyperresponsiveness to methacholine and enhances
ozone-induced pulmonary inflammation. J Appl Physiol 2008;104:1727-1735.
64. Bland IM, Guthrie-Jones A, Taylor RD, et al. Dog obesity: veterinary practices' and owners' opinions on cause and management.
Prev Vet Med 2010;94:310-315.
65. Joles JA. Obesity in dogs: effects on renal function, blood pressure, and renal disease. Vet Q 1998;20:117-120.
66. Behn A, Ur E. The obesity epidemic and its cardiovascular consequences. Curr Opin Cardiol 2006;21:353-360.
67. Pelat M, Verwaerde P, Lazartiques E, et al. [Twenty-four hour time and frequency domain variability of systolic blood pressure
and heart rate in an experimental model of arterial hypertension plus obesity]. Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 1998;91:999-1002.
68. Massabuau P, Verwaerde P, Galinier M, et al. [Left ventricular repercussion of obesity-induced arterial hypertension in the
dog]. Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 1997;90:1033-1035.
69. Verwaerde P, Senard JM, Galinier M, et al. Changes in short-term variability of blood pressure and heart rate during the
development of obesity-associated hypertension in high-fat fed dogs. J Hypertens 1999;17:1135-1143.
70. Gregory SP. Developments in the understanding of the pathophysiology of urethral sphincter mechanism in competence in the
bitch. Br Vet J 1994;150:135-150.
71. Sanderson S. Canine obesity management: traditional and new approaches, in Proceedings. Am Coll Vet Intern Med Forum, 2009.
72. Weeth LP, Fascetti AJ, Kass PH, et al. Prevalence of obese dogs in a population of dogs with cancer. Am J Vet Res 2007;68:389-398.
73. Glickman LT, Schofer FS, McKee LJ, et al. Epidemiologic study of insecticide exposures, obesity, and risk of bladder cancer
in household dogs. J Toxicol Environ Health 1989;28:407-414.
74. Sonnenschein EG, Glickman LT, Goldschmidt MH, et al. Body conformation, diet, and risk of breast cancer in pet dogs: a case-control
study. Am J Epidemiol 1991;133:694-703.