14. Herron ME, Shofer FS, Reisner IR. Survey of the use and outcome of confrontational and non-confrontational training methods
in client-owned dogs showing undesirable behaviors. Appl Anim Behav Sci 2009;117:47-54.
15. Mariotti VM, Amat M, Ruiz De la Torre JL, et al. Management and environmental influences on owner-directed aggression in
dogs, in Proceedings. Am Coll Vet Behaviorists/Am Vet Soc Anim Behav, 2009;11-15.
16. Bosch G, Beerda B, Hendriks WH, et al. Impact of nutrition on canine behaviour: current status and possible mechanisms. Nutr Res Rev 2007;20:180-194.
17. DeNapoli JS, Dodman NH, Shuster L, et al. Effect of dietary protein content and tryptophan supplementation on dominance aggression,
territorial aggression, and hyperactivity in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2000;217(4):504-508.
18. Dodman NH, Reisner I, Shuster L, et al. Effect of dietary protein content on behavior in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1996;208(3):376-379.
19. Harless SJ, Turbes CC. Choline loading: specific dietary supplementation for modifying neurologic and behavioral disorders
in dogs and cats. Vet Med/Small Anim Clinician 1982;77:1223-1231.
20. Simon NG, Kaplan JR, Hu S, et al. Increased aggressive behavior and decreased affiliative behavior in adult male monkeys
after long-term consumption of diets rich in soy protein and isoflavones. Horm Behav 2004;45:278-284.
21. Wise LA, Zimmermann RR, Strobel DA. Dominance measurements of low and high protein reared rhesus macaques. Behav Biol 1973;9:77-84.
22. Bond AJ, Curran HV, Bruce MS. Behavioural aggression in panic disorder after 8 weeks' treatment with alprazolam. J Affect Disord 1995;35:117-123.
23. Amat M, Manteca X, Brech SL, et al. Evaluation of inciting causes, alternative targets, and risk factors associated with
redirected aggression in cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2008;233(4):586-589.
24. Luescher AU, Reisner IR. Canine aggression toward familiar people: a new look at an old problem. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 2008;38(5):1107-1130.
25. Gu NC, Luescher A, Dohoo SE, et al. A case series of biting dogs: characteristics of the dogs, their behavior, and their
victims. Appl Anim Behav Sci 2001;74:43-57.
26. Best M, Williams JM, Coccaro EF. Evidence for dysfunctional prefrontal circuit in patients with an impulsive aggressive disorder,
in Proceedings. Nat Acad Sci 2002;99(12):8448-8453.
27. Peremans K, Audenaert K, Hoybergs Y, et al. The effect of citalopram hydrobromide on 5-HT2A receptors in the impulsive-aggressive
dog, as measured with 123I-5-I-R91150 SPECT. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 2005;32(6):708-716.
28. Fairbanks LA, Fontenot MB, Phillips-Conroy JE, et al. CSF monoamines, age and impulsivity in wild grivet monkeys (Cercopithecus
aethiops aethiops). Brain Behav Evol 1999;53(5-6):305-312.
29. Steinberg L. A social neuroscience perspective on adolescent risk-taking. Dev Rev 2008;28(1):78-106.